As we age, we can begin to lose volume from areas of the face. Facial fillers are an injectable treatment that can replicate natural facial volume and strategically add it to areas of the face. Dermal fillers in NYC can produce a more youthful and refreshed look that subtly enhances your natural features.
Dermal fillers can also be used to create facial balance. Some patients may be born with features that are too small or not symmetrical with the rest of the face. Dermal fillers can help balance this by adding volume to specific areas.
Your Dermal Filler Treatment
The first step of a dermal filler treatment in Manhattan is a consultation. During that time, you can discuss your concerns, and one of our specialists can help match you to the correct type of filler. When it’s time for your treatment, the area will be numbed using a topical anesthetic cream.
This helps ensure that you do not experience significant discomfort during your treatment. When the cream has taken effect, the injection process can begin. Depending on the areas being treated, the number of injections will vary. Most treatments will include several injections to achieve the desired results.
Dermal Filler Recovery
Once the treatment is complete, most patients can continue with their day. You may experience some redness, bruising, or pinprick bleeding at the injection site. Most bleeding and redness will resolve on their own within a few hours and bruising within a few days. You may be asked to avoid sun exposure, excessive heat, and exercise for several days following your treatment, but you can immediately return to work and social activities.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that add volume to an area. While there are other forms of injectable treatments, dermal fillers are a specific type of treatment. There are several dermal fillers that are commonly used by Dr. Espinoza, including Juvéderm, Restylane, and Sculptra.
Juvéderm is one of the most popular facial fillers in NYC and comes in several forms. It is made with hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance within the body. Our volume of hyaluronic acid decreases as we age and is essential for volume and hydration. Some products in the Juvéderm family include:
- Juvéderm Vollure: This can be used to add volume and remove shadows from the under eyes, fill in marionette lines (around the mouth), and nasolabial folds (creases running from the nose to the mouth).
- Juvéderm Volbella: This can be used for fine lines throughout the face, beneath the eyes, and plumping the lips.
- Juvéderm Voluma: This product is used to restore lost volume in areas including the cheeks and fill deeper wrinkles and creases.
Restylane is used to improve several areas of the face, including the lips, lines around the mouth, restoring volume in the cheeks, and other wrinkles throughout the face. Like Juvéderm, it uses hyaluronic acid to add volume. The Restylane family of products is large and can address various facial concerns. Some of the products in the Restylane family include:
- Restylane: The original formula can be used for facial wrinkles and treat the under eyes.
- Restylane-L: This product can add volume to the skin and improve moderate wrinkles.
- Restylane Lyft: This product can help lift sagging skin, improve hollow areas of the face, and add volume to more severe wrinkles.
- Restylane Silk: This can add volume to lips and create a more symmetrical lip shape.
- Restylane Kysse: This can be used to target “smokers-lines” around the lips and add volume to lips.
Meet Dr. Espinoza
Contact Dr. Espinoza’s office to schedule your one-on-one consultation if you are interested in facial fillers in Manhattan. Dr. Espinoza can review your concerns and help create a personalized dermal filler treatment plan to address your concerns.